In Path of Exile, this league has been particularity bad for a lot of people. Last season I had no trouble getting into T13, T14 maps. I got into T15 but couldn’t sustain them. The following are some general recommendations for progressing maps:
1. Run Bloodlines on maps you want to get the next tier. It increases the number of blue monsters by a good amount, increasing your odds at a +1 map.
2. Chisel – I typically chisel maps where I know I want to progress it. I never chisel maps 2-3 tiers lower than I want to be in. Mostly I save them for an unlocked map I want to drop in adjacent maps, or T13 where and my T14 pool is empty.
3. If you are not SSF, you can always push T9 – T10 pretty hard as blue maps, and sell poe items to buy higher tier maps. It’s annoying to have to buy them, but if you can produce enough money from item drops, use it to fund you map pool.
4. Sextants have changed, but they are still useful. I look for a mod that adds more monsters. Keep in mind. Beyond monsters do not drop maps, so rolling beyond is useless when looking to progress maps.
5. Don’t forget to use atziri fragments for more quant. other things to note, If you just feel like you need a small pool of red maps to be able to get it going, try running uber lab. There is a chest that can spawn which will drop like 3-5 t11s-t13s. That helped me alot early on.
6. Trading is a pain, but honestly you should be able to get a reply within 2 or 3 people for maps. Try and get the maps you need to complete a tier and run those until you run out. Then buy what you need for the next tier and run those along with the ones you found for the next.
7. Basically try not running a new tier of maps until you have most or better yet, all of the maps of that tier. It makes it a lot easier to get that 1 map you need when it’s the only one of that tier that can drop.
If you are new to the game, you can follow some build guide from our website. Keeping an eye on poe buy currency, you will get more gains.